Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival
June 15-17, 2018
Four Seasons Park, Beaumont, AB
Vendor Village Vendor Requirements
Applications accepted until March 15, 2018.
Successful candidates will be notified by March 31,2018.
*Please note: Four Seasons Park is very busy in June with Walking School Fieldtrips to the Spray Park which is adjacent to the festival grounds. A speed limit of 10km/hr in and around the spray park and festival grounds will be strictly enforced for the festival duration. Pedestrians have the right of way – no exceptions. Failure to comply with these restrictions will result in being asked to leave the festival grounds immediately without warning and without refund. You will be permitted to pick up your items during the tear down times listed.
- Vendor Selection:
The BBRF Vendor Village is a place for our Festival Patrons to purchase unique items. We are looking for vendors that sell items that are in stock and on hand. They should not be ,commercially or mass produced. Preference will be given to Vendors who have handmade items.
To ensure variety and quality, the Artisan Vendor selection will be a juried process. All vendors are required to submit their information on the form provided by March 15, 2018. Upon approval, the Vendor will be contacted by March 31, 2018 and then must submit their Registration Fee payment. Only payment has been received are you guaranteed a spot in our Vendor Village.
- Vendor Location:
Vendors will be located inside the festival grounds. These tent locations will provide a favorable vantage to hear some of the music during the festival. Ticket holders only will have access to these vendor locations. There are limited spots available.
- Vendor Village Schedule:
All artisan vendors are required to be present and operating throughout the Vendor Village OPEN hours. Those hours are as follows
Friday, June 15 – 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday, June 16 – 12:00 pm -9:00 pm
Sunday, June 17 – 11:00 am -7:00 pm
Thursday June 14: Site set up, including fencing & stages. Vendors can set up after 6pm if desired. Overnight Security provided.
Friday June 15:
- 8:00am – 2:00pm – Vendor set up
** All Vendors must be set up and all vehicles removed from site, by 2:00pm Friday June 15.
- 4:00pm Gates open to Patrons – Vendor Village OPEN
- 5:00 pm Music starts
- 9:00 pm Vendor Village CLOSED
- 12:00 am Music finished
- overnight security provided.
Saturday June 16:
- 12:00 pm Gates open and vendors allowed access to site
- 12:00 pm Vendor Village OPEN
- 2:00 pm Music starts
- 9:00 pm Vendor Village CLOSED
- 11:00 pm Music finishes
- Town & Country Daze Fireworks will commence immediately after, adjacent to our site!
- overnight security provided.
Sunday June 17:
- 11:00 am Gates open and vendors allowed access to site
- 11:00 am Vendor Village OPEN
- 12:00 pm Music starts
- 5:00 pm Vendor Village CLOSED
- 9:00 pm Music finishes
- overnight security provided.
NOTE: No vendor booths can be disassembled or removed from site prior to 7:00 pm on Sunday June 17. Any vendor packing up prior to 7:00 pm on Sunday will not be invited back to future events.
Tear Down Sunday June 17: Vendor Village closes at 7:00. If you wish to pack up and carry your items to your car you are free to do so at that time. For Pedestrian Safety, no vehicles can be moved until 9:00 pm and when security decides that it is safe to do so. We will have some ATVs and golf carts available to help you carry your items to your vehicle. Please note that the priority usage for those ATVs and Golf Carts will be given to the musicians and stagehands moving equipment. We will provide overnight security for any who wish to return Monday morning to pack up their vendor tent and items.
Tear Down Monday June 18: Vendors have the option of returning Monday morning to pack up and retrieve their items. If you choose to take advantage of our Monday tear down, be at the festival site at 9:00 am to retrieve your items.
Completed Vendor Information Form and Registration Fee must be received by the Beaumont Blues & Roots Festival in order to secure your place.
The Registration fee for the 2017 BBRF is $250 and includes the following:
- one 10’x10′ area for your tent (No tents are supplied by BBRF)
- TWO weekend vendor passes
- Parking for ONE vehicle near the festival site at the Beaumont High School
NOTE: You will also be required to submit a damage deposit cheque made out to Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival Society dated for June 15, 2018 written for the amount of $100. This cheque will be returned to you the week of June 25 provided that the site is clean as you found it and that you met all requirements of this contract.
- Additional Vendor weekend passes $75 each (Maximum of 2)
- Power for your booth, $50
- If a festival representative is required to secure your tent in inclimate weather, you will be charged $100.
- We accept cheques made out to “Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival Society”
- EMT – send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express
- Green Initiative:
BBRF has an ongoing commitment to honoring environmental concerns in all areas of Festival operations. The Festival wants all vendors to demonstrate an enhanced commitment to environmental practices. We will encourage you all, as well as our patrons to bring their own mugs and water bottles. Drinking water stations, recycling stations and garbage bins are provided around the site.
For those vendors requesting access to power, The vendor is responsible for supplying their own power cords, and for the safety and compliance to the safety code for any extension cords/electrical devices used at the site. All electrical cords/electrical devices subject to inspection by Site personnel. It is recommended that you have at least 100′ extension cord.
- Cancellation Policy:
This contract may be cancelled by either party. Cancellation of space must be in writing and received 30 days prior to the festival. In the event that such a cancellation is received, full payment will be refunded. If booth participant cancels within the 30 days prior to the event, a 50% refund will be given only if a replacement vendor can be found. By canceling this contract, the Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival is free to rent the space to others.
The BBRF will provide 24 hour security to the festival site. Vendors, however, are responsible for their property at all times. Neither the hired Security Company or the BBRF will be responsible for lost or stolen merchandise. The Security Company will not be responsible for securing items in inclement weather. Ensure your tent is secured in place before you leave the festival grounds.
- Display Restrictions and Safety:
- All vendors are expected to review and comply with the BBRF Site Safety and Emergency Response Plans. These documents will be made available to you prior to the event.
- Vendors are allocated a 10’x10′. All vendors must provide their own professional grade tent with side walls capable of withstanding inclement weather. All vendors are responsible for anchoring and securing their own tents. All vendor tents are subject to inspection.
- Note that canopy shelters or other lightweight shelters are not acceptable and will not be allowed on the BBRF site.
- Acceptable tents will be professional quality “pop up” tents similar to the following:
- The BBRF reserves the right to remove or alter any displays that they deem unsafe and inappropriate.
- All booths must be manned during OPEN hours.
- Vehicles will be prohibited on the festival site outside the above allocated load in and load out time frames.
- A speed limit of 10km/hr will be strictly enforced
- All tents and structures need to be tied down, and guylines clearly marked with survey flagging or equivalent.
- No vendor booths can be disassembled or removed from site prior to 7:00 pm on Sunday. Any vendor packing up prior to 7:00 pm on Sunday will not be invited back to future events.
- No vendor or their representative(s) shall damage, change or in any way deface the festival premises.
- The Site Coordinator, Site and Security Personnel will have access at all times to the space occupied by each vendor.
- The BBRF reserves the right to alter the site plan if necessary or to have the booth participant reposition the booth if required.
- Unless given permission to the contrary, the vendor agrees to confine their operation within their contracted space only.
- Smoking will be allowed in designated areas only.
- Abusive language and/or behavior will not be tolerated.
All vendors are required to maintain the General Liability Insurance in accordance with the Alberta Insurance Act, in an amount not less than $2,000,000 per occurrence, insuring against bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage, including loss of use thereof. Such insurance shall include blanket contractual liability and shall be in effect for the duration of the Agreement and any extensions or renewals.
IN CONSIDERATION of participation in the Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival Vendor Village, the Vendor shall indemnify and save harmless The Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival Society, the Town of Beaumont and The Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival Society committee members and all the members thereof, and all other groups working under the direction of the BBRF, from all fines, suits, proceedings, claims, liabilities or action of any kind or nature (including, but not limited to, cost and reasonable lawyer’s fee) arising or growing out of or any way connected to the Vendor’s operation of the Vendor’s booth and general participation in the BBRF.